Kelowna’s Orchard Remedy’s Rx Pharmacy offers the following vaccinations by our friendly and professional Pharmacists.
- Hepatitis A: Provided free under select conditions every 15 years, recommended for travelers
- Hepatitis B: Provided free under select conditions every 15 years, recommended for travelers
- Pneumonia: Provided free to seniors and at risk individuals, booster may be required. Pneumococcal disease is a bacterial disease that can cause not only pneumonia, but also meningitis, and bacteremia (bloodstream infection) Learn more about the Pneumococcal vaccine here.
- Tetanus/diphtheria: Provided free and recommended every 10 years
- Varicella/chicken pox: Provided free to unvaccinated individuals
- Human Papilloma Virus: Routinely provided free for young adults
- Typhoid: Recommended for travel overseas, Mexico and South-America
- Travelers Diarrhea: Recommended for travel overseas, Mexico and South-America
- Shingles: Recommended for adults 50+, may be covered by some health insurance plans
- Flu Shots: Provided free to seniors, contacts and eligible family members annually. The vaccine is the best way to protect against influenza, a serious and sometimes fatal infection. When you get immunized, you help protect others as well by reducing the spread of the influenza virus.
The inactivated influenza vaccine is made of killed influenza viruses. It protects against viruses that cause influenza, often called the flu. The vaccine does not protect against other viruses or bacteria that cause colds or stomach flu. Several different influenza vaccines are available in B.C, including a live attenuated influenza vaccine made from weakened influenza viruses. All of the vaccines are approved by Health Canada and available at Kelowna’s Orchard Remedy’s Rx Pharmacy in the Orchard Plaza near Orchard Park Mall.
For more information:
Orchard Remedy’s Rx | Your Kelowna Pharmacy | Fantastic Healthcare Made Easy